Portable external USB floppy disk drive 3.5" inch 1.44mb diskette reader writerPRODUCT CODE: TX854
Portable external USB 2.0 floppy disk drive for 720KB to 1.44MB 3.5 inch / 3.5" floppy disks.
This 3.5-inch 1.44 MB floppy diskette reader and writer drive is perfect for users of desktop, laptop & mobile computers. An ideal solution for the transfer of internet downloads and files to your collectable 286, 386 or 486 retro gaming rig. Reproduce images of retro video game install disks to complete a rare box set.
With power supplied directly from the USB port, no messy external power supply is needed. Convenient.
The case, made from black high-strength durable ABS plastic material has allowed the drive to be super slim and lightweight.
Cable length: 65cm.
USB 3.5 inch micro floppy drive.
Power requirement from USB port: 500mA.
Data capacity format: 720KB or 1.44MB floppy diskettes.
Package includes: 1x Black slim USB floppy disk drive reader-writer.
14 Day 'change of mind' return in unused condition for a refund less shipping fees.
1 Year return to base refund or replace guarantee.
• Combined flat fee New Zealand wide shipping service. Purchase as much as you like and pay just one flat shipping fee on your entire order.
• We specialise in Computers, Electronics & Gaming. We do it well with great products & excellent service.
• In trade since 2004, we're a trusted central NZ based trader providing faster shipping, returns & refunds.
• We continuously strive for 100% customer satisfaction with excellent communication, service & value.
• We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club and PayPal.
• All orders are packed with care, tracked & details sent immediately.
• We also ship to PO Boxes, Private Bags, Rural and Remote NZ.
• GST invoice and receipt of payment issued with all orders.
• Orders are packed with care, tracked & details emailed.
• Proudly awarded Trade Me NZ's TOP SELLER status.
• Your purchase helps kiwi kids in need.
• We welcome & answer all questions.
• Includes delivery insurance.
• Refunds paid same day.
Customer feedback...“ Very quick & safe delivery. Managed to get the portable floppy disk reader-writer to work with Windows 10 (but it is not listed as suitable OS). Need to make sure that it is plugged into USB 2.0 port or older version. Will not function with USB 3.0 port. Excellent trader."
" Many thanks for this - I have several story manuscripts written between 15-20 years ago that are on floppy disk and was thinking I would have to type many thousands of words into my computer - so the relief at finding this item is HUGE!!!"
" Thanks so much, very please with your product and the disc is safely copied now. A+++ "
" no idea how but it showed up the next morning even though I ordered late at night, amazing trader."
" This company sets a benchmark for service that all should aspire to."
" These guys ship their items super-fast. Great all round. Thanks!"
" Amazing! So fast and friendly and great product”
" Great team to deal with 10/10"
Best USB FDD floppy disk New Zealand.
Frequently asked questions,
Q. Does this work on Win 10?
A. Yes. These work with Windows 10. We have tested these Floppy Disk Drives as compatible with Windows 10 on a Windows 10 Pro Desktop Computer.
Installation Hints, Tips & Troubleshooting:
- Ensure that a formated, known good diskette is in the USB Floppy Disk Drive when connecting or disconnecting to or from the computer.
- Ensure that the USB Floppy Disk Drive is connected to a USB 2.0 port. Try alternative USB 2.0 ports.
- The USB Floppy Disk Drive does not require drivers. A driver CD-ROM is not included.
- Once the USB Floppy Disk Drive device is connected, reboot or restart the computer.
- If the data on the Floppy Disk is valuable we recommend the use of a professional data recovery specialist.
- If applicable, ensure that Legacy USB Support is enabled in the computer's BIOS. Not all computers have the Legacy USB Support function. Proceed with caution if making BIOS changes. If unsure, use a professional.
- Issue: Floppy Disk is Not Accessible, Not Formatted, or Not Recognized by Windows. When you access a floppy disk, you may receive one of the following error messages: ' A:\ is not accessible. The device is not ready. ', or ' Disk is not formatted. The disk in drive A is not formatted. Do you want to format it now? ' or ' STOP: The disk media is not recognized, it may not be formatted.'. In this case please refer to the Microsoft support page at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/floppy-disk-is-not-accessible-not-formatted-or-not-recognized-by-windows-17c4e169-ed8d-2d5a-aaf0-fd257b80ac3a
- To find a computer support service provider in your area, see https://www.trademe.co.nz/services/domestic-services/computing
We welcome & answer all questions.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I have a very old 3.5 disk dont know if it's called hard or floppy but they replaced the 5.25 and were superseded by CDs. I need to get the data from it and via usb to.a surface pro.tjat had only usb connections. Is this the device to.do it?
Hi. Thanks for your question. A 3½-Inch floppy disk can be identified by its size of 90mm × 94mm. The term 'floppy' refers to the flexible circular mylar disk inside the protective hard plastic shell that stores the data. While they are called floppy disks, they are relatively hard. Please see images for an example 3½-Inch floppy disk. This USB 3½-Inch floppy disk reader will connect to any device with a USB 2.0 port. Please do not hesitate to ask If you have any additional questions.
Hi. Is this compatible to verbatim datalife Minidisk (2S/HD MD2-HD High density)? Thanks
Hi. Thanks for your question. The Techexpress external USB floppy disk drive is compatible with most 3.5", 720KB or 1.44MB floppy diskettes. 3.5-inch floppy disks are identifiable by their size of 93.7mm x 90.0mm x 3.3mm. Please see our image for examples of 8, 5.25 and 3.5-inch floppy diskettes. While we are unfortunately not familiar with your floppy disks, we can offer a 14-day 'trial and return for refund less shipping fee' service to enable testing with your floppy disks, computer and software. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any other way.