Commodore 64 C64 VIC20 C128 SD memory card virtual 1541 disk emulator
Commodore 64 C64, 128 and Vic 20 SD memory card virtual 1541 floppy disk drive emulator.
Store and load thousands of C64 program file & disk images on a standard SD Card or Micro SD Card with Micro to SD converter. Select programme or disk images with the built-in disk swap buttons.
A must have piece of kit for any C64 enthusiast.
C64 games and files are found with ease online. Play nearly any classic C64 game with no need for disks.
The SD flash memory card virtual floppy disk drive emulates the basic functions of the Commodore 1541 floppy disk drive, as well as supporting fast loaders like JiffyDos, Final Cartridge III and Epyx Fast Loader.
• Load & run .prg programme files and .d64 .d71 d81 .m2i disk image files on your 8bit commodore 64
• Load & save files as you would with a real 1541 disk drive
• Includes status LEDs & reset/root and disk swap buttons
• Defaults to drive 8 i.e LOAD"*",8 - drive ID can be changed in basic
• For Commodore 64 C64, VIC-20, C128 8-bit home computers
• Connects to the Commodore 64 disk drive port for data & tape port for power
Button 1 is the rear-most black button and is the Reset / Root folder or directory
Button 2 is the middle button and is the Previous disk
Button 3 is the front button and is the Next disk
Press 2 & 3 (both middle 'Previous disk' and front 'Next disk' buttons) together at the same time to generate an AUTOSWAP file
1x SD2IEC Virtual floppy disk drive emulator
1x User manual (SD card, C64, Fastloader not included, See our listings for these)
Combine & save on shipping, See our listings for SD Cards, RF cords, Joysticks & Controllers, Soldering irons, solder, flux, tools & electronic repair accessories
14 Day 'change of mind' return in unused condition for refund less shipping fees
13 Month return to base refund or replace guarantee
• Combined flat fee New Zealand wide shipping service. Purchase as much as you like and pay just one flat shipping fee on your entire order
• We specialise in retro gaming, electronics & computers. We do it well with great products & excellent service
• In trade since 2004, we're a trusted central NZ based trader providing faster shipping, returns & refunds
• We continuously strive for 100% customer satisfaction with excellent communication, service & value
• We accept Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, DinersClub and PayPal
• All orders are packed with care, tracked & details sent immediately
• We also ship to PO Boxes, Private Bags, Rural and Remote NZ
• GST invoice and receipt of payment issued with all orders
• Orders are packed with care, tracked & details emailed
• Proudly awarded Trade Me NZ's TOP SELLER status
• Delivery insurance included on all orders
• We welcome & answer all questions
• Refunds paid same day
Additional links to websites and support documentation: (links open in a new window)
- SD2IEC Manual (How to use the SD2IEC on the C64) by Mike Murray, Founder, and creator of The Geek Pub.
- Tips for using sd2iec by Ilkka Sjöstedt of ilesj's blog.
- How to use SD2IEC: a quick command reference by Jay Versluis of the WP Guru.
Q. What does it mean when the red led is flashing?
A. A flashing red LED on the SD2IEC means there is a disk load, read or write error. When this happens it’s likely that there’s some incompatibility between the disk image you’ve chosen and the SD2IEC’s emulated 1541. Try to find or make a different disk image.
Q. Does the SD2IEC support all game images?
A. No, it doesn't, but it does support just about everything you'll ever really need including .D64, .D81, .D71, .M2I as well as PRG's.
Q. Does the SD2IEC fully emulate the 1541 disk drive.
A. No, it does not completely emulate the 1541 disk drive, so programs that require 100% accurate drive emulation can fail. But these are few and far between, the only device that 100% emulates the 1541 disk drive entirely is the 1541U-II.
Q. How do I change disk?
A. If you have a cased SD2IEC, just use the disk swap buttons. You can also change disk via BASIC, a Freezer Card, using programs like CBM FileBrowser, or by adding a disk swap header and switch. Alternatively, some multi-disk games have been converted over to a .D81, or just PRG's, completely removing the need to disk swap in the first place.
Q. I don't know what button they mean by 'diskswap'
A. Earlier versions of the Commodore SD2IEC used a single button for the diskswap feature. The latest version has been upgraded to include two buttons to provide multiple disk swapping functionality. Any referral to a diskswap button can now be interpreted as the Previous disk and Next disk buttons.
Q. How do I use multiple disks or multidisk games?
A. Using multiple disk programs.
For multiple D64’s you will need to create an AUTOSWAP.LST file so the SD2IEC knows what disk to load and in what order.
AUTOSWAP.LST - Create a text file (notepad on PC) and simply enter the file names of the D64’s eg
Don't forget to save the file as AUTOSWAP.LST not AUTOSWAP.LST.TXT
To load your multi disk images, use FileBrowser to open the directory containing the D64 images and the AUTOSWAP.LST file, then press Q to quit filebrowser.
Type LOAD”*”,8<ENTER> RUN<ENTER> to load from the first disk image and when the program asks for the next disk press the front most Next disk button. When the SD2IEC reaches the end of the AUTOSWAP.LST file, it will loop back to the beginning of the list. You can use the middle Previous disk button to go back.
Alternative AUTOSWAP feature:
AUTOSWAP automatic file generation. To use this feature, from the directory containing your disk images, press both the ‘Previous disk’ and ‘Next disk’ buttons at the same time. The SD2IEC will create a file called AUTOSWAP.GEN. You can use this file straight away or you can edit it if the order is incorrect and rename it to AUTOSWAP.LST for future use.
Q. Can you help with specific games or applications?
A. No. We are unable to offer support for specific game titles, application or programmes.
We welcome & answer all questions
Buyer feedback..." Wow! Honestly awesome service. Ordered 7am and was courier delivered later that day! Will definitely use again. Thanks"
" Awesome trade!! Fastest delivery I've experienced to date and item was very well packaged. Highly recommend to others!!”" Unbelievable shipping times, again I ordered in the evening and again it was at my door the next morning."
" no idea how but it showed up next morning even though I ordered late at night, amazing trader."
" Absolutely perfect. I can't understand how you shipped this to me so fast. Thanks"
" I love Techexpress. Always quick delivery and brilliant quality products."
" This company sets a benchmark for service that all should aspire to."
" The best customer experience I have encountered in a long time."
" These guys ship their items super-fast. Great all round. Thanks!"
" Amazing! So fast and friendly and great product”
" Great team to deal with 10/10"
" Amazing service guys!!!!"
We welcome & answer all questions